SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#110476 - 07/21/01 07:23 AM "..On the way to Cape May...."
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm off to the Jersey shore for my summer schedule. I'll be playing in Somers Point (just below Ocean City NJ)on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday all summer long. I'll miss the posts, and hope to see some of you "locals" at the Crab Trap! It's at the circle where the 9th street bridge crosses over into Ocean City. Right next to the Circle liquer store! See you at the shore!

#110477 - 07/21/01 11:01 AM Re: "..On the way to Cape May...."
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, have fun!! Sounds like it's a paid vacation. Things are looking up here too.
DonM

#110478 - 07/21/01 01:31 PM Re: "..On the way to Cape May...."
Dnj Offline

Im off on vacation for a few days also goin down the shore also. Dave I'll see ya monday night for fun and games :>)have fun mon ami!

#110479 - 07/21/01 04:29 PM Re: "..On the way to Cape May...."
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This topic header reminds me of an incident that shows the value of the internet.
Last winter I had a group of customers from Philadelphia in the Ramada where I was playing. One of them requested "On The Way To Cape May" and I had never heard of it.
That night I emailed Uncle Dave and he sent back the words and chords. The next night I did it for them. Of course being from Philly they were drunk, so they weren't hard to fool, but at least they recognized it.
DonM

#110480 - 07/21/01 10:14 PM Re: "..On the way to Cape May...."
Dnj Offline

hahahahahah Don,
I do that Al Alberts tune every night, its a big request around these parts! :>)

#110481 - 08/07/01 04:33 PM Re: "..On the way to Cape May...."
rbmusic Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD.,USA
I was on vacation last week at Seaside Heights, New Jersey. My daughter and I took a ride down to the Crab Trap for dinner and met Uncle Dave for the first time in person. It was a great pleasure to meet you Uncle Dave. You are a very fine entertainer,vocalist,and musician. You really know how to entertain the crowd with a large variety of different songs. I heard the song On the way to Cape May for the first time and like it very much. Even my 15 year old daughter was entertained by your talent. You had a great sound with the psr9000 and the mackie speakers. I also liked the sound of the guitar you had hooked up through the keyboard and speakers.

OH! by the way, The food was great too.

Ray

#110482 - 08/07/01 05:39 PM Re: "..On the way to Cape May...."
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey, Dave, Isn't Ray your cousin...

#110483 - 08/07/01 11:49 PM Re: "..On the way to Cape May...."
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
We're all one big, happy, universal family. Ray and his daughter were both very charming people. It was a nice visit, and they got to eat some terrific Seafood from the Jersey shore. I've been tying out different verses that include the "Crab Trap" in the Cape May song each night - I'll post the words to the winner as soon as I'm satisfied. So far it's something like this......

"You looked so very pretty
When we met in Ocean City
Like someone oh, so easy to adore...
We stopped into the Crab Trap
Then opened up out road map, and
headed south along the Jersey shore......

On the way....etc.."

(it's a work in progress)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online